What We Are Doing:
- We use electrostatic machines and hospital grade virucide to kill 99.99% of pathogens in our trucks. We also apply probiotics that cling to EVERY surface and “eats” the virus for up to 7 days. Additionally, each truck is stocked with set of cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, gloves, etc. to do on site cleaning if needed.
- Each mover on our team has their temperature checked with a no-contact forehead thermometer before they leave each morning to ensure we are not sending anyone out with a fever.
- Automated messaging to our crews throughout the day to wash hands and avoid touching their face
- Requiring employees that exhibit symptoms to stay at home and providing paid sick leave so they are not incentivized to return to work early.
- Implemented work from home policies for our office staff.
- New morning procedures and scheduling practices to keep teams isolated and reduce our mover’s exposure to the smallest number of people possible.
- We have supplied each of our team members with cloth masks. If you would prefer your movers to wear masks, they are available upon request. Just let us know!
- IF RAINING: if we are moving during rain or storms, we may not be able to keep our masks on as breathing becomes incredibly difficult once the masks become wet/soiled.
- GLOVES: We do not wear gloves while moving. The disposable gloves do not hold up during a move and non disposable options just provide opportunities to cross contaminate customers when moves are conducted back to back. We have found a consistent regimen of hand washing is the safest option.
What You Can Do:
- Let us know if you are showing symptoms – As your move date approaches please let us know if you are running a fever and/or if you are suffering from flu like symptoms. We trust that you will keep us informed either through email or by calling to let us know in advance so we can make a decision on a case by case basis if your move should be postponed. If you need to cancel or reschedule, remember we have zero cancellation or reschedule fees so don’t hesitate to give our office a call.
- Practice Social Distancing – In observance to the possibilities of coronavirus spreading, we apologize in advance for not shaking hands with you. Please make sure to give our moving team space as they operate within your home or office.
- Prep Home in Advance – We ask that you help prep your home or office in advance to our moving team showing up by disinfecting major surfaces, furniture items and appliances, and high traffic areas to limit as much exposure to our team as possible.
- Keep Doors and Windows Open – In residential move settings when available, we ask that our customers open (and leave open) outside doors and windows to increase air circulation before and during the move process.
- Please wear a mask and gloves while our movers are working. Our movers will be wearing masks on site and we ask that our customers do as well.
We are closely tracking local closure and CDC recommendations in the markets we operate in and we will continue to operate out of an abundance of caution. If there is a step that we can reasonably take to provide our employees and customers with more peace of mind and reduce them to less risk, we will.
We will continue to update customers as often as possible. Every email our customers receive will have a link to this page which we will keep updated throughout this crisis.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call anytime. We look forward to working with you soon. We hope this abundance of caution helps to make sure you and yours are settled into your new home or office safe and sound.
Your friends at Einstein Moving