Garage Storage Tips
Residential movers help homeowners move into new houses but don’t usually stay to unpack, that is up to the homeowner. The garage for a new home usually starts out a mess when moving boxes clutter it up and over time acquires more items and becomes cramped. With a few helpful garage storage tips you can keep that new home garage organized and clean throughout the life of the home.
Use Space Accordingly
Different homeowners have different plans for their garages. Some homeowners wish to just park their cars in the garage and have light storage. Other homeowners wish to use their garage solely as a storage unit, on the other hand. Keeping a well organized garage does not have to be difficult; you don’t have to be an expert residential mover. Keeping items off the garage floor gives the garage more of a spacious feel while also keeping the garage floor open for things such as parking vehicles.
- Garage storage cabinets can be a lifesaver. Units are available in many different shapes and sizes making it easy to find the perfect unit for your garage.
- Hooks have a variety of uses varying from hanging jackets on the way into the house to hanging work tools to get them off the garage floor.
- Shelves can be used to stack and store anything that does not need to be on the floor of the garage.
- Peg board can be used to store different odds and ends that would otherwise get lost in the hustle and bustle going on in the garage.
- If kids are in the home a toy corral can be built into the wall to keep play items off the floor.
- Bike racks come in single or multiple storage units that hang on the way and keep bikes easily accessible yet out of the way.
- Throwing out old items in the garage is also a way to great way to organize. Holding on to needless items not only takes up space but also cuts into organization.
Do it yourself (DIY) storage is an easy way to utilize every inch of space available in a garage. Pre-built storage units are built in a general form where if you build DIY storage you can customize to fit exact spaces.
- A great way to store items not used often, such as Christmas decorations, is with a hanging platform in a corner of the garage. This keeps items out of the way but not overly accessible, making it perfect for dealing with once a year.
- Recycling an old wooden crate to turn into a storage unit is a great way to recycle and make a space perfect container. An old wooden storage container can be turned into a leaf blow, weed eater and edger holder.
- A clothes rod near the back door is a great way to organize work clothes and coats in the garage.
Moving into a new house does not have to be a stressful ordeal. With the proper storage ideas and tricks, your new garage can stay as clean and organized for the length of time you live in your new home. If you ever need help moving into your new home, contact Einstein Moving Company for a free quote!